ILIA ACS Processes Document
This is the start of the processes document designed to assist new and continuing executive committee members of the Illinois-Iowa Local Section ACS. This is an evolving document and will be edited as needed.
Note: The IL-IA ACS works on a calendar year starting January 1st - December 31st.
Beginning of the Year Activities (in January)
- 1) New Chair will call an executive committee meeting (with the input from the continuing members) within the first 2 weeks of January. Please see the past agenda posted on this site.
At the first executive committee meeting the following items need to be discussed:
- - Introduction of executive committee members,
- - Review position descriptions
- - Confirm/update/assign the Section Meetings Schedule,
- - Discuss/start the IL-IA ACS Annual Report to be submitted to National ACS Office.
- 2) Collect and review the email list of section members.
- 3) Develop an email list of academic dept chairs for correspondence.
Beginning of 2nd Quarter Task (in April)
Beginning of 3rd Quarter Tasks (in July)
- 1) Confirm planning for local section Undergraduate Research Conference.
Beginning of 4th Quarter/End of Year Tasks (in October/November)
- 1) Officer Elections
- 2) Notify newly elected officers and provide them with information